Search This Blog

Pages

Monday, February 27, 2012

End-of-Life Care for People with Intellectual Disabilities



A recent book chapter of interest is titled "End-of-life care for patients with intellectual disabilities," by Irene Tuffrey-Wijne, Annemieke Wagemans, and Leopold Curfs.

The chapter is in the new book, A Public health Perspective on End of Life Care, by Joachim Cohen and Luc Deliens (Oxford University Press, April 1, 2012).

Noting the vulnerability of this group, and that this is an aging population, the authors discuss the challenges of providing palliative and end-of-life care services to people with intellectual disabilities.




1 comment:

  1. Thank you for writing this book about disability law. I have been looking for a good social security disability attorney to handle my case, but I don't even know where to start. I've been reading up on different cases, so I can make sure I get the right lawyer, and I think this book will be a huge step in the right direction for me. http://www.russelljgoldsmith.com/massachusetts-social-security-disability-claims.html

    ReplyDelete